Monday, December 13, 2010

Saving Obsession review

Saving Obsession
December 12, 2010

Red in the Flower Bed Children's Book on Interracial Adoption: A Review
by Micael Givens


"Red in the Flower Bed" by Andrea Nepa is a darling story about interracial adoption. When I first learned that I was going to be able to do this review I immediately thought of my friend Meghan, her sister Emily and their family's story of adoption from Africa. With that I began to read.

"Red in the Flower Bed" is the journey of a poppy seed traveling far from home but landing exactly where she needed to be. This story is perfect for those families who have had the blessing to adopt. It handles what can be a difficult topic for some, in a very gentle, loving way.

The images and illustrations are brilliant. I love its bright colors too.



I also think that just from the human point of view, this story is great to show children, adopted or not, that we can all be different but be happy together all the same. I highly recommend this book for anyone with kids, but especially those who have gone through the adoption process.

You can read a little snippet from the book, purchase directly from Tribute Books, or purchase on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment