Monday, December 13, 2010

The Freebie Junkie review

The Freebie Junkie
December 13, 2010

Book Review: Red in the Flower Bed: An Illustrated Children's Story about Interracial Adoption
by Angela Walker

We're blessed with two biological children but I always think if at some point in our lives whether we can adopt. If we were not able to have children of our own there would be no doubt that I would adopt although I know from friends adoption is a long, expensive and draining drawn out process but definitely with wonderful experience and outcome after all said and done.

When Tribute Books approached me to review Red in the Flower Bed, I said yes immediately as this would be a book that I could read with my children. Red in the Flower Bed by Andrea Napa is an illustrated story book about interracial adoption. The journey of adoption is beautifully depicted with the comforting imagery of a poppy flower seed who is sent to a new place to flourish and is welcomed into a garden family of other flowers. We enjoyed this simple yet meaningful story with homespun complementary illustrations. I took the time to explain the words and the pictures since it is written in way that there is not a direct link to interracial adoption as such. You can take this story to new levels depending on your home situation and age of your children.

BUY IT

Purchase Red in the Flower Bed here for $11.65 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.

No comments:

Post a Comment