Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Book Dads review

Book Dads
January 24, 2011

Book Review: Red in the Flower Bed

by Chris Singer

Red in the Flower Bed is a charming and elegant rhyming poem telling the story of a lone poppy seed floating through the air in search of a place to call home. The poppy seed and gardening motif serves very nicely as a subtle yet stirring metaphor for interracial adoption.

I loved the simplicity in the pictures in this book. They reminded me of a homemade collage project and left me and imagine other readers with a warm feeling as you can see the love which has gone into the creation of this book. I was struck by the powerful emotions I felt while reading this book as well. I was in awe of this and found it to be quite a powerful and touching tribute (appropriate since it’s published by Tribute Books!!) to the infinite bounds of a parent’s love for a child.

I’m a huge supporter/proponent of adoption as I have had the opportunity to spend time overseas working with orphans of AIDS and also visiting orphanages. I will definitely be recommending this book to people I know who have adopted or who work with adopted children.

I also want to give Tribute Books a great deal of credit here as well by having the book available in so many different formats: Paperback, E-Book, Google Book, Kindle, iPad and the Nook. As the owner of the new color Nook, I’ve happy to see such a high quality book available and available at a great price of $4.95!! Well done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment